Safety Switches installation, replacement & repair Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Professional house, office, business & commercial safety switch services
Safety switches defend you, your family and anyone visiting your home from electrical shock. They shut down the power during a fraction of a second if a discharge of current is detected. this could happen if there’s a faulty power point or electrical appliance, or you accidentally hit a live cable while drilling into a wall.
The government recommends that everyone in Brisbane and Queensland, regardless of whether or not they own or rent, think about having safety switches put in on all circuits as well as power points, lights, air-conditioners, stoves, hot water systems, and pool equipment, even if they’re on a separate tariff.
In Brisbane and Queensland homes the kinds of circuits protected by safety switches can vary depending on the age of the house, whether or not it’s been sold since 2002, rented out since 2006 or had alternative electrical installation work administered since it was built. If you’re unsure of whether or not your home complies with the requirements for safety switches please contact us!
We have additionally provided some any information below to assist you in understanding your requirements:
- In Brisbane and Queensland, safety switches became required on all power points for homes built after 1992 and in 2000 lighting circuits in new homes additionally required safety switches.
- Since 2002, once a house is sold, it either has got to have safety switches fitted to the power points or the buyer has to have them fitted inside 3 months of the property transfer date.
- Also since 2002 licensed electricians haven’t been allowed to perform electrical installation work on a home that didn’t have safety switches fitted to the power points unless the work additionally included fitting a safety switch to the power points.
- Since 2006, if the house is rented, the property must have safety switches fitted to the power points.
- Even if your home includes a safety switch installed, one might not be enough to safeguard you from electrical shock. a safety switch only protects you if it’s on that circuit.
How do safety switches work?
On a standard power circuit, the current flowing to an appliance returns through the neutral wire. If the circuit is compromised, the electricity will leak to earth through someone in touch with the appliance, inflicting death or serious injury.
A safety switch detects the loss of power from the circuit and cuts the availability of electricity in as very little as thirty milliseconds – 0.003 seconds. significantly, this reaction time is quicker than the critical section of a heartbeat, and so considerably reduces the danger of death or serious injury.
Your local electrical safety switch specialists
Fried Electrical Electricians in Brisbane & Sunshine Coast has an impressive reputation for providing quality work in the electrical field. Our authorized Master Electrician can arrive on time and carry out the work in an expert manner. we are able to install, supply and test your safety switch.
Safety switches save lives
Over fifteen Australians are killed annually because of household electricity, several of those accidents could have been prevented by the installation of a safety switch. Are your family and friend’s life worth risking?